BC Hockey Fair Play Code for Parents
Fair Play Code for Parents
1. I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
2. I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her
enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve
conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child to do one’s best is as important as winning,
so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the
5. I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering
praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
6. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or
losing a game.
7. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will
applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and
8. I will never question the officials’ judgment or honesty in
9. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse
from children’s hockey games.
10. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches
who give their time to coach hockey for my child.